Aug 30, 2016

Easy Zucchini Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting - Printable Recipe




Last week I talked about my 
stockpiles of shredded zucchini!
Food Saver bags of shredded zucchini

So, this week, I wanted to share one
of my favorite recipes to make with
that shredded goodness!  


easy zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting




Easy Zucchini Cake
with Cream Cheese Frosting


2½ cups  all purpose flour
2    cups  sugar
1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
1    teaspoon  salt
½   teaspoon  baking powder
½   teaspoon  baking soda
1    cup     vegetable oil
4    eggs
2    cups   zucchini, shredded
½   cup    walnuts, chopped (optional)

directions:
1. Combine flour, sugar, cinnamon, salt, baking powder & baking soda in mixing      bowl
2. Combine oil & eggs; add to dry ingredients, mix well
3. Add zucchini; stir until thoroughly combined.
4. Fold in walnuts, if desired.
5. Pour batter into 13 in. x 9 in. x 2 in. baking pan.
Bake @ 350° for 35-40 minutes.


Frosting

4 ounces unsalted butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

directions:
In a large bowl, beat together the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer. With the mixer on low speed, add the powdered sugar a cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Beat in vanilla extract. 


note:
If you're using your frozen shredded zucchini,
there may be quite a bit of liquid in the freezer bag
after thawing.
DO NOT DRAIN! The zucchini "juice" helps keep
this cake super moist!

using your frozen shredded zucchini to make cakes


Check out some of my other
 Zucchini recipes and ideas.






My pickiest eater actually requests 
this recipe for his official birthday cake!
Yea, it's that good!!
I hope you'll give it a try (:

Have a blessed day!


scroll down to see where I'll be sharing today's post.


3 comments:

  1. Oh, yum, that looks delicious, Maria! I love zucchini cake, and love cream cheese frosting, too! Thanks for sharing the recipe, and thanks for the tip on keeping the liquid..... I would never think to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy!!! I will have to give this a try. Thanks for sharing.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ MCC Shop ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks really scrummy Maria, I can also taste it from here...might give this a go if I can convert the recipe to UK measurements...thank you so much for sharing! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting, I enjoy hearing from you!
Blessings, Maria